emb Ti Chu Kum Lan?: A Crack in the Camel's Back
Name:
Location: Singapore

Li ti toh loh? Wa ti chu. Ti chu kum lan? Ah.

Saturday, November 06, 2004

A Crack in the Camel's Back

The final straw that broke this camel's back has not materialise yet, but this camel has a cracked back and thinks he should take pre-emptive measures to prevent an actual break. Have not been able to log into my blog since last night. Went to bed early and surprise surprise, woke up early. And i still could not log in, WTF?!?! Not only that, i had my Angelfire account suspended a couple of days back as well. Fortunately i had 2 accounts which is why the music here plays on.

The inevitable has arrived, i'm jumping ship. For those of you who did not chance upon this site through Live Journal, i apologise for the inconvenience and have to direct you to my account there. May be temporary, may be permanent, nobody knows what the future holds right

  • www.livejournal.com/users/tckl/


  • Anyway, before i leave, i'd like to leave here with my final post.

    Had an absolutely terrible day at work yesterday, a big presentation which was 2 days in the making. The rush was blinding, the type where emails go unread for days, phone rings ignored, problems diverted to others, begging others for help etc. My colleague from another section who was presenting together with me, commented "you like got a lot to present like that" and i hinted to him that our boss was out to get me. On hindsight, i know it may not be true but it certainly felt like it. He got me to present on Mr Honeymoon in Paris' stuff as well.

    Being busy was also good to some extent, made me too busy to think about my previous post below. Reflected on it during lunch time though, never in my life would i have imagined lunch time to be a sad event, haha. But i think i am coping well, or as well as any feeling human could. What else can you expect from the King of Swish.

    As part of the healing process, i want to share this song currently playing, its so poignant


    IN MY DREAMS by REO Speedwagon

    There was a time some time ago
    When every sunrise meant a sunny day, oh a sunny day
    But now when the morning light shines in
    It only disturbs the dreamland where I lay, oh where I lay
    I used to thank the lord when I’d wake
    For life and love and the golden sky above me
    But now I pray the stars will go on shinin’, you see in my dreams you love me

    Daybreak is a joyful time
    Just listen to the songbird harmonies, oh the harmonies
    But I wish the dawn would never come
    I wish there was silence in the trees, oh the trees
    If only I could stay asleep, at least I could pretend you’re thinkin’ of me
    ’cause nighttime is the one time I am happy, you see in my dreams

    Chorus:
    We climb and climb and at the top we fly
    Let the world go on below us, we are lost in time
    And I don’t know really what it means
    All I know is that you love me, in my dreams

    I keep hopin’ one day I’ll awaken, and somehow she’ll be lying by my side
    And as I wonder if the dawn is really breakin’
    She touches me and suddenly I’m alive