emb Ti Chu Kum Lan?: Yummmmmmm Seng!
Name:
Location: Singapore

Li ti toh loh? Wa ti chu. Ti chu kum lan? Ah.

Saturday, October 30, 2004

Yummmmmmm Seng!

Whoa, what an eventful day yesterday… despite the hangover this morning, I feel that its worth the discomfort, haha

The bride sms-ed me the night before asking me to show up earlier because they wanted to decorate the ah yee car… but I did not know they wanted to tie ribbons on the boot and bonnet as well *roll eyes*

The groom’s other “brother” did the ribbon tying, not exactly professional lah but at least can tell he has done this before. For ease of reference, I shall refer to him as Bragger because I can’t stand all his bragging about stuff like wanting to get a cherry picker to raise the groom up to the bride’s window, getting welding equipment to cut open the bride’s lock *severe roll eyes* He came up with such suggestions because he seems to have kang tao for every damn thing under the sun.

The trip to the bride’s place was relatively painless. The main door was wide opened despite Bragger bringing along an electronic drill and safety goggles *eyes too tired to roll at the moment* What the “sisters” did instead was to form a line in front of the bedroom door and insisted the groom finish a drink. I gathered that it was not unpleasant tasting so that was easy enough. Then they wanted the groom and his “brothers” to sing and dance. WTF, I hate stuff like that… but fortunately the groom said “leave them out of this”. When he said that, I felt a certain sense of pride in him because I think this was partially borne from our falling out over a year back, I labeled him insensitive and self-centered and somehow I do see the change in him.

First surprise came when the roast pig was delivered to the groom’s place… which means someone had to carry it over later. Hmmm, I wonder who could it be. Moi of course, because between me and Bragger, me would be the more erm…. physically unchallenged one. The groom wanted to carry it himself but I did not let him because it was not appropriate and the pig was oily, and he is too short and out of shape. :P The weight of the pig surprised me, despite my working out, my arms were shivering in the lift because of the weight. After delivering the pig, and after the tea ceremony there, the question was posed as to what was to be done with the pig. The bride’s mum said the pork seller is supposed to cut it up. The rest were puzzled, and wondered what pork seller she was talking about. She thought it was me -_- WTF??? Do I fucking look like a pork seller? Geez. Yeah yeah, joke about it go ahead. No char siew for you!

Due to a delay in schedule and a few unexpected loose ends to tie up, I only managed to get home, shower, change, msn for 5 minutes and head out for the dinner. Did not want to drive, so had to book a cab as I was late already. Had to oversee the dinner arrangements so met up with the banquet manager at 5pm for the briefing. We had some chill time before the dinner started so I decided to bring down all the stuff myself from the room to the ballroom. I caught them in the middle of their own staff briefing and it went something like that:

Today 29th October 2004 is the wedding of Mr so-and-so to so-and-so. We will have cocktails starting at 7pm and dinner will be served between 8pm and 8.45pm. First dish is this this this, second dish is this this this…. for dessert, we have this this this. OK, everyone close your menus. You, what is the 3rd dish? You, what is dessert?

I was like :O

Need to memorize meh, so high-class-wannabe siaz. To prevent their efforts from going to waste, I should have gone around during dinner and approach all the waiters/waitresses to ask “You, what is the 5th dish?” and “tell me the bride’s name” etc. Haha.

Dinner ended smoothly for the guests despite a few hiccups for us. We went up to the bridal suite to enjoy the 6 jugs of beer provided free by the banquet manager :) Unfortunately, of the 8 of us upstairs, the bride and groom had enough liquor for the night while another “sister” was driving, I helped down a jug on my own and my urine reeked of beer/alcohol smell this morning. The drinking session got a little outta hand though, Bragger and another “drinking brother” got so noisy that the neighbours lodged a complaint to security. Haha, that kinda dampened our moods.