emb Ti Chu Kum Lan?: Diet Summary for Aliferiel
Name:
Location: Singapore

Li ti toh loh? Wa ti chu. Ti chu kum lan? Ah.

Thursday, November 04, 2004

Diet Summary for Aliferiel

Whoa… I’m having a terrible day and there is no end in site yet :(

Suffered a temporary brain shut down before lunch and vegetated on my chair until my colleague asked me if i'm alright... anyway, suffering from one now so i'll briefly outline my diet in response to aliferiel query

In February this year i decided to go on the Atkins Diet and that as you know is a low carb diet. I kept away from rice, noodles, pasta, flour, starch etc including SUGAR!!! So essentially i ate vegetables and meat. A typical day would be sausages/ham/cheese/eggs for breakfast, low carb bread (bread mix from GNC) for tea, salad and steak/fish/pork/chicken for lunch, tofu/eggs/cheese/low carb protein bar for tea then dinner i'll usually have a some meat fried with some veges. I'll also take a daily multi-vit tablet to ensure that my vitamins and minerals are supplemented.

This diet is so damn boring because the variety is rather limited as you can imagine. No, i stand corrected, it is not boring but i kept craving for my prata, char kueh teow, chicken rice, chai tao keuh etc

To compliment the diet, i do cardio exercises 5 to 6 times weekly... except when i am unwell then i will have to skip... i will bitch about that but deep down i am just happy happy happy for the break, haha

After 2 months and 13 kgs later, i stopped the diet and tried to maintain my weight without success. I was on hydroxycut for 10 weeks without success. Skipped dinner most of the time without results. After gaining about 7 to 8 kgs back, i decided to go back on the diet 3 months back. This time around, i was not as strict as before and allowed myself to eat out during lunch instead of bringing food from home. After 2.5 months and almost 10 kgs later, i have stopped my 2nd diet and am now on a supposed low calorie diet instead.

Since February till now, the gym schedule has been consistent throughout.

So far not much side effects from the low carb diet except for the carb withdrawal in the first few days of the diet where i will get headaches and lethargy. The diet also causes bad breath and constipation. When i first started in Feb, i followed their recommended vege intake but during the 2nd round i threw that out the window so bowel movement is better. That's about it i guess, unless you have any other questions :)