emb Ti Chu Kum Lan?: Dietician My Big Fat Hairy Ass
Name:
Location: Singapore

Li ti toh loh? Wa ti chu. Ti chu kum lan? Ah.

Monday, October 18, 2004

Dietician My Big Fat Hairy Ass

My blood is fucking boiling at the moment. My auntie colleague got out of a lunch time talk and said that the dietician claims that carbohydrates does not contain fat so it does not cause you to put on weight (I’m sure there is a qualifier behind this like “but you have to exercise regularly blah blah blah” so I’m letting this one slide)

The dietician also told the audience that diets like the Atkins (which I’m on) and Cambridge diets doesn’t work, because if you lose more than 5 kgs, you will gain double back.

WTF??? I have already lost 15kgs this year alone, not counting the weight I lost the past 2 years, are you saying that I’m going to put on 30kgs then? Nah-ah!!! Fucking bull shit I tell you.

I don’t mind if you said that this was an opinion, but as a dietician, people will treat your word as factual and obviously such statements are not. Even if I did start putting weight back on, it will be up to me to correct it with further dietary control. I’m 100% sure I will not let myself slide until I put on that type of weight. The fact that I’m in control of my weight discredit her claims that I will put back double.

Auntie in her usual manner said that I should not get so worked up on this, but then again, why shouldn’t I? Imagine an overweight person contemplating to go on the Atkins diet, but after this talk decided not to. Such statements can essentially ruin a person’s life and one should never portray untruths as truths especially when standing in a position of authority. Its like me, an IT professional, telling a bunch of IT illiterate people that by holding down the delete button for 10 seconds, your whole hard disk will be wiped out. Its not true but it sounds true, and coming from an expert, then it must be fucking true lor.

Anyways, I sent an email to HR to enquire if this pretend dietician is speaking again, if she is, I’m so going to sit in and suan her if she dares to tell such lies again. Auntie is so worried and have been giving me 101 excuses not to do it, I told her that she is so protective of the dietician probably because both of them are talk cock experts :P

So what’s in it for me? Nothing, except the satisfaction that I may have stopped a gross injustice to my overweight colleagues. *ANGRY* >:(