emb Ti Chu Kum Lan?: Directions From the Direction Illiterate
Name:
Location: Singapore

Li ti toh loh? Wa ti chu. Ti chu kum lan? Ah.

Monday, October 18, 2004

Directions From the Direction Illiterate

I'm in such a super bitching mood today, i'm just irritated by everything. Maybe the flu is getting me down.

Just told off my mum for the umpteenth time not to question my sense of direction. I don't want to be disrespectful but she just have this thing about directions. She has an almost non-existent sense of direction and she knows it, but to mask it she will pretend that she knows where the place is. When i tell her where it actually is, she will question it. I can accept people questioning my sense of direction but not by a direction illiterate lor. It is like having a hokkien peng correcting my English. Piang oy.

While growing up, i always knew she was bad at directions and one day i thought i would give her a chance to prove me wrong so i followed her directions blindly and as expected she led me to the wrong place, then i kena fucked by dad for leading the entourage the wrong way. Mum's favourite excuse is that they changed the road, OMG, you can use it once or maybe twice but they can't change the road every damn day you know.

Anyway, just now after telling her not to question my directions (in a less than friendly voice) she gave the pitiful tone saying "ask also cannot" which i must admit is better than her usual "i work day and night to feed you, wash your clothes, you treat me like a maid etc etc" *roll eyes*

I countered her by saying you can ask, but you cannot question.

Anyway, things are evened out already... she asked whether i wanted to cheat on my diet by offering durian, i contemplated and decided not to, especially since i can't gym for don't know how many days. *worries*